TATTOO AFTERCARECongratulations on your new tattoo! In order to ensure a safe healing of your artwork, follow these instructions given by your artist. If you should have any questions or concerns, always feel free to contact us.
- Remove bandage after 2 - 4 hours. (Do not re-bandage.)
- With clean hands, rinse tattoo area with warm water.
- Allow area to AIR DRY completely. (Do not pat dry, as a towel may contain bacteria.)
- Apply a thin layer of ointment to area, being careful not to "overload" the skin with a thick coating, which will clog the skin's pores. (We recommend AQUAPHOR by Eucerin, however most pharmacy brands are of comparable quality.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 twice daily, or as needed for the following week.
- When your tattoo begins to peel and flake, much like a sunburn; we advise you moisturize the skin frequently with a natural non-scented lotion. (Avoid lotions that contain fragrances, perfumes, or cocoa butter.)
- It is acceptable to shower with a fresh tattoo, however avoid getting the area completely saturated. As a rule, avoid pools, jacuzzis, and swimming until fully healed, about 3 weeks.
- Healing tattoos may become itchy and dry. DO NOT SCRATCH OR PICK AT TATTOO. This may cause loss of color and/or infection. Rinse and reapply lotion.
- To ensure a lifetime of crispness and intensity, always use sunscreen when necessary. Prolonged exposure to the sun will fade your investment.
- Individual healing and possible reactions vary from person to person. Should you think there may be a problem, contact your artist immediately.
ENJOY YOUR NEW BODY ART!